Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a guide when I am traveling in China?

If you cannot speak Chinese and there is no one in your group knows Chinese, then we suggest
you have a tour guide especially if this is the first time you travel to China. English is not common in China, it may hard for you to communicate with the local people. All our guides are qualified and experts in local areas, they can give you plenty of information and knowledge about places you visit.

Does your quotation you offer including tipping? Is tipping common in China?

No, our quote does not include tipping.
Yes, tipping is common in China. Tipping for tour guides and drivers in recognition of their great service is very common in China. Hotel bellboys and house-keepers are also expect your tips. Tipping in restaurants is not common as the bill usually includes 10-15% service charge.

Will your tour guide accompany us throughout the tour?

Our guides we offer are local station guides who will not fly from one city to another with you. If you think it is necessary for you to have a Chinese national guide accompanying you from one city to another until your tour is finished within China, we can always make the arrangement for that with an extra cost.

What are the ‘MUST SEE’ attractions for my first trip to China?

For your first trip to China, we recommend Beijing, the capital city-to see the Great Wall, Xian-to see the Terra Cotta Warriors, Guilin–to see the picturesque nature beauty, and Shanghai-to see modern China. If you have enough time, a Yangtze River cruise, and the Tibet and Silk Road tours are recommended as well. We have many itineraries on our website for your reference.

Can I use US dollars and credit cards in China?

US dollars, EUR, or Sterling are widely used in the world, however, they are not widely accepted in
China. In China, RMB is the only currency. However, major international credit cards, such as
VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club, are widely accepted in big cities, banks and hotels. Chinese currency can be drawn from the ATMs of the Bank of China by credit cards. Small restaurants usually do not accept credit card.

Where can I exchange money to Chinese currency?

You can exchange money at hotels, banks and airports.

What kind of vehicles that we are going to use during our journey?

We are mainly provide private tours therefore private car/van/bus with air-condition in good conditions will be used depending on the numbers of your group.
If you join in a group tour, you will share a big bus with other people. Of course, the bus is with air-condition and in good condition.

Are all your guides qualified?

Our guides are all trained, qualified and licensed. There is a nationwide examination for qualified
tour guides once a year, only those who pass the examination will be certified by the national tourism bureau and be able do this work. Our guides are friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. They are all experts in each city.

Can I book accommodation and internal flights through you without booking an organised tour?

Yes, you can. You don’t need to be on one of our organised tours to book any accommodation or internal flights through us. We can organise accommodation, transportation (buses, trains, boats, transfer to and from all airports) and/ or flights for you anywhere in China at any time of the year and at a highly competitive price.

How do I book?

To book any tour/s currently shown on our website, or to request an individual tour to be designed for you, simply send an email saying how many people are travelling, the dates that you want to travel and the tour/s you have chosen or destinations you want to visit.
A quote will be sent to your return email within 24 hours.
When you confirm, a 50% deposit is required to secure your booking.
For all bookings and enquiries please email or

Do I have to pay in full after my reservation?

A 50% deposit is required to secure booking and it is not refundable. The remaining balance will be due not later than 45 days before your arrival date.

What is China Electrical Outlet Type?

220V. We recommend bringing a universal plug adaptor. (Myanmar uses Type C, Type D, Type F and Type G)

How do I apply for an entry visa to China?

You need to have a valid passport (minimum 6 months remaining validity) and apply at the China Embassy and Consulate General offices in major cities in Australia or the country that you are in.

Are all meals included on the tour?

This depends on your chosen tour, but breakfasts are provided to all tours. Most international hotels provide a full buffet breakfast, while small hotels and guest houses serve a continental breakfast.
We also provide some lunches and dinners on certain tours. Please check your specific tour for more details.

Where should I exchange my $US and Euros?

The exchange rates at the airport are very similar to the rates at most banks. Please bring US dollars or Euros with you, as it’s very hard to exchange Australian dollars in many places. Most other places will not exchange Australian dollars. When exchanging USD or Euro please note that big denominations (i.e. US$50 or $100) will earn you a better rate.
We highly recommend you to exchange at the airport or local banks not on the streets or markets.

Can I use my mobile or GSM phone in China?

Myanmar’s mobile phone network is for local users only. There is no network for international phone users. Many guesthouses and hotels have WiFi, should you wish to use the Internet. Wifi is very reliable in Myanmar.

How can I use Internet in China?

Internet access is available in major cities. Many guesthouses and hotels have WiFi and others have Internet services available at reception.

What useful gifts and presents could I bring for the local people?

This is up to you, but in remote regions, people always appreciate items like toys for the children, writing pads, pens, pencils and simple T-shirts for all ages.

Do I need to bring drinking water from home?

Bringing your own water is not necessary. Standard bottled water is available everywhere. It is important to avoid drinking the local tap water.

What kinds of clothes and gear should I take to China?

Depending on time of year and the locations you will be visiting, different clothes will be required.

What is the population of China?

The current 2015 estimate based on United Nations projections, is just over 1.4 billion.

What is the main religion of China?

85% of Chinese people have religious beliefs or had some religious practices and only 15% of them are real atheists. (The real atheists here refer to those who do not have faith in any religions nor had any activities related to religions or folk customs.) 185 million people believe in Buddhism and 33 million have faith in Christianity and believes in the existence of God. Only 12 million people are Taoists, although more than one hundred million have taken part in Taoism activities before. Thus, it is obvious that the Buddhism has the widest influence. The other major religions are Taoism, Confucianism, Islam and Christianity.


Click Here For All Inquiries